Reporting to the Product Director, the Lead Software Development Engineer will play a key role in structuring and executing our software plan. They will manage a small team of developers across the software development lifecycle. The successful candidate will develop and design software-based solutions for enterprise challenges, and lead the technical design of sub-systems and components.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive team-player, who has a problem solving mindset and who is motivated to work in a scale-up environment.
- Responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of high-quality software, including languages, frameworks, coding guidelines and standards
- Maintenance and support of existing software – leading and contribution of code
- Working closely with the Product Director and Technical Advisor to understand business objectives, to define the technology roadmap and decide priorities for development, ensuring the suitable delegation of tasks within the development team
- Take ownership of analysis, design, coding, automation, testing, build, release, monitoring and support of all software components and sub-systems
- Working with the DevOps Lead to ensure that appropriate process to follow a test-driven methodology for continuous integration/deployment, quality assurance and change management to accelerate growth is developed
- Work with 3rd part vendors to integrate data and services using their APIs / other delivery methods
- Manage and lead team interactions, meetings work schedules and targets
- Pursue, encourage and facilitate the growth of the development team to created ‘T-shaped’ members rather than specialised individuals
- Identify opportunities for adoption of new technologies and improve existing tools to enhance the development workflow
- Manage Atlassian-based interactions, ensuring cross-team collaboration and sharing of knowledge
- Provision of training on new features and systems to the wider team
- Participate in the hiring process where necessary and arrange appraisals as required
- Several years’ experience as a senior software developer designing, developing, and supporting enterprise applications
- An in-depth knowledge of data structures implementation and optimisation
- Expert level skills in multi-threading, concurrency, and error-handling
- Experience building enterprise scale web services (RESTful), and their scalability, resiliency, and availability
- Proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing components for enterprise projects
- Experience and knowledge of CI/CD processes, deployment pipelines, source code management and other DevOps practices
- Team leadership with an ability to work in an agile, collaborative manner to identify and refine work items and actively encourage a team approach to continuous improvement of our software through an Inspect and Adapt approach
- Ensure all development team members have a clear understanding of their roles and the input required and challenge any capacity/commitment issues
- The ability to exercise independent judgement, work under minimal supervision, selfinitiate action, plan and communicate with the leadership team
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical stakeholders
- An ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision, best practice, and software quality
It would also be advantageous to show and understanding of peer and performance review/appraisal practices and to hold a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
We follow a competence-based structured interview process in which your skills, experience and attributes relevant to the role, and our company, will be assessed. As part of this process, pre-employment testing is used to identify candidates most likely to thrive in the role. We welcome any questions you may have, at any stage of this process.
As a close-knit team and a scaling business, performance will be reviewed by the leadership team and by your peers. We take a consultative approach to team dynamics and individual contribution will be assessed via achievement of measurable goals over suitable timeframes.
We specialise in mobile-centric customer authentication and verification. Our APIs and developer toolkits held both enterprise clients and re-sellers to build low-friction customer experiences that simplify customer identification and prevent fraud.
To Apply: Email email@example.com for further information